Friday, June 4, 2010

Not Quite Human

You’re not quite human
You walk through my nightmare
With steps slightly feline
There’s blood on your claws
You’re my lost companion
In dangerous driveways
You slink in the shadows
Then scratch at my door

No you’re not quite human
There’s something inside you
That shines if I’m near you
When you can’t hide your love
Then fear descends darkly
And you tramp on my feelings
After all this time... I still love you

You’re not quite human

You’re not quite human
You fly like an angel
That’s dressed as a banshee
There’s blood on your wings
You’re my lost companion
In splashes of moonlight
You color these memories
My soul mate my twin

No you’re not quite human
Your teeth are too perfect
In a Cheshire cat smile
That glows with your love
Then fear descends darkly
And you tramp on my feelings
After all this time... I still love you

You’re not quite human

3 comments:

  1. Attempt at psychoanalysis:

    So you really, really loved this Sara girl and are sort of reliving your past with her via mystical understanding of past, present and future and nonlocality and crap? Or am I too dramatic/logical in my interpretation?

    That seems so sad that it would have screwed up. Why was she such a coward about you? Love's supposed to overcome stuff like that. You also have trouble because you believe she really loved you, and you're clinging to that, because you fear no one has ever loved you, which is kind of silly because you're not that hard to love even though you think you are. You're actually extremely lovable, which is why people gravitate towards you all the time and you touch students' lives very easily and occasionally people dress up as you for Halloween. You're extremely hard to live with, perhaps, but then so is most of the world, which explains the high divorce rate and the high frequency of Prozac prescriptions.

    You're not devilish so much as in touch with God / the universe on some basic level, which is reflected in your attitude of being a "mystic" and your ability to be insanely hilarious, and I realize you'll barf at my explanation.

    Or perhaps I am just slightly mad. Anyway I'll desist in my unrequested psychoanalyses but it was just fascinating to think about. Cheerio and good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I was too hard about that, because love is amazing and if someone ever can see into your heart and help you feel it's one of the most amazing experiences of life...number 1, in fact. I hope you ultimately receive all the love you can feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (You probably know who wrote this....ROFL. Don't worry about it. Oh well.
    Your Somewhat Misbehaved Student, Jenny)

    ReplyDelete